After Monday's post about fixing the cuffs on my Urban Necessity gloves, I got to thinking about how the gloves fit. While overall the fit is not bad, it's not great for me either. I wonder what's happening. Did I overestimate the size of my hands? Did the yarn stretch (a possibility)? Did my gauge change? Do I suddenly like form-fitting gloves?
Whatever the cause, the mittens feel a little baggy. While that's fine on some days, I want to see if I can make a closer-fitting pair. I decided to knit another pair as an experiment, incorporating some of the changes I thought of while knitting the first pair.
I cast on 36 stitches (four fewer stitches than last time) on US5s (needles two sizes smaller than those used to knit the body of the glove) and began to work K1, P2 ribbing (twisting my knit stitches on every other row). I knit about two inches of ribbing. That's longer than the reworked ribbing on pair one, but shorter than the length given in the original pattern.
And, while I've been busy with my Urban Necessity pattern, another knitter has been busy with my other design. Look at Rita's fabulous version of my Spring Breeze Top.
Way to go Rita!! I don't know about your weather in Italy, but here in Boston, it will be a long time before we have any spring breezes to enjoy.