The frustration level over at subwayknitter.com is very, very high.
I'll tell you that have little to no experience with Movable Type. This, of course, didn't stop me. I eagerly began to learn the basics, change things here and there, and prepare to move my little internet self over to my very own domain. There were snags here and there, things that I would fix later, but all in all, I felt pretty good.
That was the case until it came time to add my links. While it's easy to add your own links--Movable Type has an article all about doing just that--I had to get cocky. Instead of one huge list of blogs, I wanted one clean and simple link on the main page that would generate my Newsgator blogroll.
Easy peasy, according to Newsgator. Indeed, I got the script copied and pasted into my Main Index template. And that, my friends, is where things started to go horribly, miserably wrong.
I republished my site (if that is even the right term for what I did) and instantly noticed that the few test entries I published would no longer display. What the...
I decided that it must have been the script that I added. I took it and everything else which I added earler out of the template, and republished it. Nope, no dice.
Apparently I have done something so devastatingly wrong to my Main Index template that I can't undo it. The entries won't display. I don't know what to do, where to look, or how to even begin to know what went wrong.
I feel doomed.