Cara tagged me yesterday. I guess that makes me a real blogger :-). That said, no one needs to send me the personal-care meme that's been floating around blogland. That information is a little too personal for my little corner of the internet.
1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
0.0GB. That means that I have no music files on my computer. I make no apologies if that makes me boring! When it comes to technology, I'm all over the new-fangled communication devices, but less eager with the entertainment devices. I suspect it will be years before I get an iPod.
2. What was the last CD you bought?
Let's change this question to ask about the last CD that I received. Last week I discovered Passenger. Its drummer, Jimmy Hiatt, goes to the same gym as I do and he gave me a copy of their latest CD, Better Days. Here's the website; tell 'em Subway Knitter sent you.
CD buying is one thing I can eliminate easily from my spending habits, and I do so often. I haven't bought a CD for myself in a couple of months. There's a little thing called a "yarn budget" ya know.
3. What was the last song you last listened to before reading this message?
I assume that the "thumpa-bumpa-WHOOMP" seeping from the earphones of the person next to me on the Orange Line doesn't count.
Last night I was listening to Bach's "The Art of the Fugue" [Die Kunst Der Fugue for all you German speakers out there]. Not a song exactly, but certainly a piece of music.
4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you. Gosh, there are so many songs that can immediately put me somewhere else. Here are five that are part my current rotation (in no particular order):
5. To whom will you pass the stick, and why? (Sorry, I had to correct the case of that pronoun, and eliminate the dangling preposition.)
I'm taking the opportunity to give this meme to three people who don't know me from Adam, people whom I'm unlikely to meet in real life. They post often, and I don't think this will be too much of a burden. Based on their blogs, they seem pretty darned cool.
I hope that they don't hold this against me :-).
BONUS QUESTION (I added it) 6. What is one song or album that you should listen to more often, or an album that you don't have and you should?
Come Away with Me by Norah Jones. I really like a couple of these songs. I don't know what's keeping me from buying the darned CD, especially when it's only $9.99 on Amazon, and I do have a birthday coming up shortly....
Hey! This was fun.